Reprinted (from Sony Corporation press release)
The press releases on this website are provided for historical reference purposes only.
Please note that certain information may have changed since the date of release.
On April 1, 2020, Sony Corporation (hereinafter, Sony) founded “Sony Design Consulting Inc.” (hereinafter, “Sony Design Consulting”) a new company that will provide various design services to customers outside the Sony Group.
Since our inception in 1961 as Sony’s in-house design department, we have been delivering new value in a variety of forms, from design and concept development of high-quality products and services to brand communication, interactive design utilizing technology, business strategy visualization, organizational management for design-driven business, and more. Since 2014, we have started to provide some design services to customers outside of Sony Group but this time we will establish Sony Design Consulting to expand the services provided outside the Sony Group.
By releasing our long-established design capabilities to the world, we believe that we can help solve social problems and create cultural value in addition to generating new business opportunities.
- Design Consulting: Visualization of management strategy, solution of business problems, and value creation by design, brand communication, creative direction.
- Design Management: Consulting service for management of design organization, provide the tools such as design evaluation and KPI, education of creative human resources.
- Design Service: Product design, User interface design, Graphic design, Communication Design, and other design work.
Sony Design Consulting Inc.
- Name: Sony Design Consulting Inc.
- Main Office: 1-7-1 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- Share Capital: 60,000,000 yen
- Representative: Yutaka Hasegawa, President
Auditor: Toyohiro Hata
- Start of Business: 2020 April 1 (expected)
- Shareholders: Sony Group Corporation (100%)
New Company Founding: Sony Design Consulting Inc. (Only Japanese)
Press Release Source: Sony Group Corporation